Are you experiencing a dry and itchy summer? If yes, then this detailed article will help you to understand the effective home remedies for an instant relief from itching.
- Firstly, you should know that it happens every year without any fail attempts which quickly spoils the summer fun.
- Secondly, irritation of skin triggers the trouble and escalates the discomfort among people.
You may know that many people use creams and other natural treatments for an instant relief to get rid of this complication. You may be familiar with the redness of skin that happens because of continuous itching, as well as blisters and rashes. For the primary treatment, you can use anti-itch moisturizer and products for instant relief. Itching of the skin for a long time can escalate the possibility of infection on the skin.
The reasons behind the itching during summer
- Rash due to excessive heat
- Dry skin
- Taking more shower
- Dirt and skin allergies
Regardless of why your skin itches, you can find much more information for good home remedies to help and control itch:
- Baking Soda Bath: You can take bath and soak yourself for 30-40 minutes, which will make all the difference. You can add one cup of baking soda in a tub of warm water. After your bath, you can pat your skin dry with a towel but it is very important to pat your towel more gently. You can also make a paste of baking soda by mixing with water. Image source
- Oatmeal: You can mix oatmeal in water by spreading it on the irritated skin which will provide instant relief and soothe to the skin. You can also add 2 cups of colloidal oatmeal for a lukewarm bath, which will soak the itchy skin and will provide soothes to the skin. Don‘t use excessively hot water for a bath as it will irritate the skin more and causes itchiness.
- Cold water: When it comes to itchiness, using cold water for bath comes as a first choice because it jams the circuit and neutralizes the itch. As you may know, itch and cold sensation travel the same fiber. Cool showers or even ice packs are an instant remedy for itchy skin. Hot water is a good remedy but often leaves you itchier.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Applying dot vinegar on the itchy spot with a cotton ball, as it will help you to remove small patches of dry and itchy skin. You can also add 2 or 3 cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath water and soak it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Milk and honey: You can apply milk with a cotton washcloth on the dry itchy skin patch for 5 minutes. Milk has anti-inflammatory properties which remove the itchiness from the skin. You can also apply honey on the spot after heating 2 teaspoons of honey. Honey has nutrients which help in the locking of moisture, has anti-oxidant with anti-microbial properties.
- Mint: Applying mint on the spot of itch will help you to neutralize the effect of itching irritation and rashes. As you may know, mint contains anesthetic and anti-inflammatory property which works as the best home remedy for instant relief from body itching.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine: Many of you will be aware that alcohol and caffeine are also termed as diuretics. Their consumption causes depletion of water because after their consumption an individual urinates more often and which is resulted in You can avoid the consumption of alcohol and caffeine, this way you can get relief from itchiness.
- Wear cotton clothing: You can avoid wearing polyester, wool and synthetic materials because these materials cause itchiness. Wearing cotton clothes will lessen the effect of itchiness. Hence, the summer season will be enjoyable.
Now you know all about itching and its home remedies for instant relief. Apply the method and don’t spoil the fun of summer season.